Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birtday Ava ( Jae/Jordan?) Grace Ramos!

Proud big brother & sister









Ava is here! 9:58 a.m. Weighing 4 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2 in. long. She is beautiful! She looks healthy and her color is great. I don't think she really looks like Jami or Eric, but I'm pretty sure Eric said she looks a little bit like Aryssa did, and Penny said she looks a little like Jami as a baby. Who knows when they are this little:) She has big feet and a big thumb;) She has Jami's fingernails and quite a bit of dark hair. In the pictures above she had her eyes open, so I was lucky and able to get a few pictures, they kicked us out though, cause they were doing more x-rays. The clear box-like thing over her head is for the oxygen. They said they tried to take it off a few times, and she did well breathing on her own, but every time she got even a little agitated, she needed the oxygen back. That's pretty normal for baby's born at her gestation. Even Emma, two ( 2 &1/2? ) weeks further along, had similar issues with that. The last time I was in there, they were going to try to take it off again, soon. The tape over her mouth is to hold in that little blue tube, which Eric was guessing was to help with the reflux? We weren't sure then. She came out crying, which, obviously, is good! They did an ultrasound on her heart almost immediately, but as far as I know, they didn't tell them anything new, just that the hole was big, which they already knew. She has some sort of blockage in her anus, a type of air bubble, that they are going to have to operate on, too. I think Penny said at least two operations for that. I know they were going to do a G-tube( i think it's called) later today, and she is going to have to have a bag, so her poop has somewhere to go. The whole belly thing is still their biggest concern, and I don't really know anything new about that, except that there is definitely a fistula, which I think could be good and bad. I do know that they are going to do the surgery on that fairly soon, probably by this weekend. They are going to put a tube in her belly so she can eat, poor baby:( I just wanted to pick her up and cuddle her! Poor Jami, she only got to see her for a few minutes and couldn't really reach her and touch her. She just wants to hold her baby. Soon!! I just feel so terrible for her, I just want to make it all better..... Okay, I just talked to Eric and the surgeon isn't recommending that they do the G-tube. Apparently there is a little bit of a passage, so they are just going to wait and see. Yeah! One less thing they will have to do! Her poor little body is already going to have to go through so much. They had the oxygen off the last time he went in and they are going to do the surgery on her fistula tomorrow. They won't know how big the gap is until they get in there, but they said it could take anywhere from 1-4 hours. Everyone start praying!! I'm hoping to try and get up there tomorrow for a little bit, Kathy said she'd watch the kids, but we'll see. If I hear anything new, I'll let everyone know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well apparently she has my big feet. everyone even ralph commented on that. we think she looks like eric. but who knows that may change next week. i took a picture of him sleeping and put it next to hers, and she looks just like him. she got my fingernails though :) so did dawson, lol. she also has a skullet!!!! thats what i get for making fun of your kids not having any hair ;)

-jami