Tuesday, August 30, 2011
School has STARTED and my days are So much less stressful. Emma is usually very,very quiet when the other kids are gone, and really doesn't require much of my attention...now..if I could only get her to clean the house...
School starts for Emma on the 7th...which is also Gavin's 10th birthday...which means that I'm going to be an emotional wreck. My baby is entering double digits and my BABY is starting school for the first time. There is a VERY real possibility that this will be my very last first day of preschool....I may be slightly hyperventilating just thinking about it!
On the plus side (although, after bringing all that up, it's hard to think of a plus side...), I have about 2 1/2 hrs of ME time....if I could get someone to build an LA fitness out here in Putnam County my year would be made! Since that probably won't happen any time in the next 10 years...I guess I'll spend my time getting fatter and sleeping! okay....that probably won't work either..but I"m sure I can find something to do...like spend all of my husbands money...or sit in a completely silent house and just...listen...or watch all my 657 recorded lifetime movies I never get a chance to watch, or get a pedicure! Or my eyebrows waxed! Or read a book! Or bake lots of yummy stuff( of course that sort of goes with the fat part)!2 hours really isn't very long at all..at least not long enough to get any thing productive done, like cleaning my house...but I'm sure I'll suffer through it and find something to do. :)
Anyway...I came across a recipe at one of the food blogs I like to frequent for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups... and they really do taste almost just like Reese's! They were so good..I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys...you should make them...today...right now...yummy!
Peanut Butter Cups
recipe adapted from browneyedbaker
1c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c unsalted butter
1/4 c light brown sugar
1 3/4 c powdered sugar (more or less to get consistency needed)
4 c milk chocolate chips ( 2 11.5oz bags)
1/4 c vegetable shortening
- Line a mini muffin pan with liners and a baking sheet with parchment paper; set both aside.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, butter and brown sugar over medium heat and heat until completely melted and starting to bubble, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar 1/4 c at a time. Stir after each addition until completely combined ( you want enough sugar so you can roll the mixture into balls..if there's not enough, the mix will be to sticky). Let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments,until completely melted,stirring after each time heating.
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons of chocolate into bottom of each muffin liner.
- Use a heaping teaspoon to scoop out peanut butter mixture and roll into a ball; flatten slightly into a disk. Place on parchment paper. once finished with all of the mixture, refrigerate both the peanut butter and chocolate in the muffin tins for about 30 minutes or until set.
- Place a peanut butter patty on top of each chocolate lined muffin tin. Then add more melted chocolate on top and around the sides of the peanut butter. ( if chocolate firmed up, just put back in the microwave)
- Refrigerate again for 30 minutes, then they are ready!. Store in the refrigerator or freezer..they get soft really fast!
Benny Lenny Kenny The Guinea
pretty,pretty ME!!! :)