Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend




Did everyone have a good Labor Day weekend? Mine was pretty much like any other, except that we went to a cookout at mom's on Sunday. I would have more pictures, but since I was the only one my sweet baby would let hold her without crying, I didn't have many chances to take any. Emma was sick all of last week, poor baby was so stuffed up she couldn't breath! Of course, there's not a whole lot you can do for them at this age, so we were pretty much miserable. Wednesday night, her longest stretch of sleep was maybe an hour. Needless to say, I was exhausted on Thursday morning. Gavin hadn't been feeling very well Wednesday after school anyway, so I decided we would just sleep in for a few hours and go to school late. Of course, when it was time to go to school, Gavin didn't want to, so I decided to let him play hookie... boy am I glad I did! We ran to the store to get Emma some Tylenol and decongestant, and he was complaining about being cold ( which everyone who knows my son knows that is strange, considering he runs around sans clothing in January!). I didn't really think anything of it. We got some lunch and came home. As soon as we walked in the door, he stripped and covered up with a blanket and laid down. It was 80 degrees in my house! I thought that was sorta strange, so I felt his head and he felt a little warm so I gave him some Tylenol. He wouldn't eat his lunch and just laid wrapped up for about the next hour. I was feeding Emma and he came over to me and started talking funny. Not normal Gavin " I have mush in my mouth" funny, weird funny. I had NO idea what he was trying to say. I'll I got was " my head" " blah, blah, blah" " my head". He was touching his forehead, and he'd had a pretty bad headache the day before so I asked if his head was hurting again. I explained to him that I couldn't understand him. He finally told me his head felt " confused" and went a laid back down. The way he was talking was sorta worrying me a little, so I put Emma down ( and of course she was screaming) and felt his head again. This time he was burning up. It had only been an hour since I gave him Tylenol, so I was kind of iffy about giving him anything more, so I took his temperature.... three times, two different thermometers, I thought it had to be wrong. But all three times it was 103.6! I gave him Motrin anyway, brought out his blankets and pillows, made him comfy on the couch, and began to really freak out. I called mom, even though I knew he was probably okay, but the fever was just so high! I wouldn't have been as worried, but the way he was talking really worried me. I decided to just watch it. About an hour and a half later, his fever came down. He wasn't 100% but he was up moving. Of course Friday I kept him home again and around 2:00 he wrapped up in the blanket again.... this time his temp was only about 102.8, but still high. This was about the same time he came to me the other two days complaining of a headache and fever before, too. So of course I was dealing with a sick Emma and a sick Gavin. He handled it really well, he just wanted to be babied which is hard to do when you have to hold a 4 month old ALL day. By Friday evening, he was feeling better and wanting Michael to come over, but of course I said no ( mean ol' mom!). BY this time however, Lakin was running a fever... great! Hers was only 101. something, but she wasn't handling it as well. So Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday were spent dealing with a sick Lakin and recovering Emma. fun, Fun!!
So we went to Mom's on Sunday since Josh had to work on Monday. I was really hoping to have a few Emma free moments. But oh no. As soon as we got there, she started screaming. Screamed pretty much the entire time we were there ( she slept for about 20 minutes). Let me just tell you, she makes going anywhere not very pleasant. For whatever reason, she let Josh hold her for a while, was even laughing and smiling at him ( I just don't get it???) , but other than that, she was attached to me like usual. She may end up being the most antisocial one of my kids yet! I'm kind of dreading Gavin's party, I'm hoping since we are home, she'll do better. I won't be able to do anything! Poor me!!
We went to meet Lakin's teacher today. When she first woke up, she informed me that she didn't want to go to school anymore. I had to use reverse psychology to get her in the bath and pringles chips as a bribe to go and " just meet her teacher and leave". This from someone who as of just last week couldn't wait to start school. Of course once we got there and she started playing, she was hooked. She would only talk " Lakinese" but was playing kitchen like a pro with a little girl with bad jeans. Emma started to fuss after about 45 minutes, so I said we had to go... bad move. She wasn't going. So I lied and said we'd go outside and look. " Okay! she said. I guess it wasn't a total lie, but I knew she thought I meant the playground, and I didn't. I just figured I'd rather deal with her screaming and kicking outside rather than in. Especially since I was holding Emma, too. So I let her run off crying while I put Emma in her carseat, then went and picked her up and put her in her seat. Lovely. hopefully, after three hours, she'll leave willingly tomorrow! I'm so nervous! I hope she does well tomorrow. She thinks it's going to be all play. We'll see what happens when it's time to sit ion the circle and pick up. Hopefully, she'll do better for her teacher. Speaking of teacher, she's an older, homely lady, and this is her first year teaching (yikes!), but she's really nice. Oh and let me not forget the " clique mom's". They were their when Gavin was in school there, too, but they were also quite a bit older than me. Now they aren't to much older. Which means that they are worse! There were 4 of them that were really bad. They were cute in that " I'm a perfect soccer mom, who drives my minivan and wears organic cotton panties" type way. I can just picture their book clubs. They gave me that once over look and decided that I wasn't good enough to look at again. That's okay, two of them had really big hips:) Okay, so I can be a snob, but at least I'm not openly a stuck up bitchy little woman at my kids school. Seriously. Ugh!! On the plus side.... the hot dad who had a little boy in Gavin's class has a little boy in Lakin's class, too!:) I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a good Holiday weekend!!!










These (obviously) aren't from Sunday... just some random day last week





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny, the organic cotton panties part! josh's youngest i don't know how to spell her name looks a lot like emma to me. or maybe she looks like josh and emma just looks like josh so much she looks like her. does that make since? give lakin a big kiss for me and tell her to have fun. take lots of pics, i know you will!!!

xoxoxxoxox lakin ann


jami

Anonymous said...

that's funny, the organic cotton panties part! josh's youngest i don't know how to spell her name looks a lot like emma to me. or maybe she looks like josh and emma just looks like josh so much she looks like her. does that make since? give lakin a big kiss for me and tell her to have fun. take lots of pics, i know you will!!!

xoxoxxoxox lakin ann


jami