Monday, December 5, 2011

Gavin's 10th Birthday and Emma's 1st day of Preschool (Septmeber 2011)

September 7, 2011

Gavin is TEN...
yes you read that correctly...ten!

That means...ten long, long years ago when I was the way-to-young-age-of-19-and-10mths....I went to the hospital almost a month early..and in severe back pain...with no contractions showing up on the monitor.....and begging my mom not to let them send me home because..I HURT!!!

It's a very good thing they didn't, because just a couple of hours later ( with no meds mind you..I'm super woman...lol), I told the nurse I needed to use the bathroom and you know what she told me???  That it was time to P-U-S-H. I pretty much told that lady she was crazy...no WAY was I pushing.

But...I did push...and I yelled...and I screamed....and yelled some more at the intern who made the mistake of telling me it would only be 1 more push and it was actually TWO! Can you believe the nerve of that guy?!? After maybe 6 or 7 pushes ( the seven is the one I was lied to about) that baby came out! :).... Then I almost kicked him when he had to sew me up...(I take no responsibility for my actions...that baby labor stuff hurts!).

Then..for a few very short seconds...I was able to hold my beautiful 6lb. 2oz baby boy before they whisked him away.

Since he was early, they had to do all of the necessary preemie stuff...but they decided he was just perfect and sent him back to me...with a bottle...which he wouldn't eat...which made me feel like a huge mom failure. I wasn't a failure, after all. Even the nurses couldnt get him to eat. SO they took him again :( This time they put him in the neo-natel unit and told me he would have to stay. Poor baby had IV's and needles all over him, but I felt very blessed.  All of those other babies in that room were so, so tiny...seriously, some of them could have fit in the palm of my hand.

They say that you will never forget what you were doing when you heard about the attacks on 9/11...and I won't. I was on my way to the hospital to bring my baby home. He was a whoping 5lbs 6oz and on a heart monitor ( which was CRAZY loud), but he was coming home. THAT is a day I  felt very blessed...definitely a bittersweet moment.

Now here we are...10 years later..and I still have a beautiful,smart,funny,video game and info-mercial obsessed little boy.  I love him so, so much...and me getting pregnant at that age was obviously a huge mistake...but one that I wouldn't change for anything in the world.

I LOVE YOU GAVIN JOSEPH!!




Lakin...just because she felt left out :)

Also on this day was Emma's 1st day of pre-school! She was so excited!!

And so BIG!! NO crying, no stalling...no fear. Just a wave, a "look atmy shoes" to the teacher and a "bye mommy" that I had to beg for.

Even after all this time...it still makes me tear up. And after all this time...she's not so excited about school anymore..lol. She has so much fun while she's there..but some mornings it takes EVERYTHING to get her out the door.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings are good days to stay out of my way! getting 3 kids ( all of whom seem to not be able to do anything on their own on school days...so strange how that works), ready and out the door by 7:30 makes me a little stressed and just a tad bit crazy ;) BUt didn't she look so sweet and ADORABLE??? I think so...and so did her teachers..but they soon realized it was an illusion..that child is a terror. She cries, throws herself down when she doesn't get her way and who knows what else that I don't get told....my days of hearing the teachers just RAVE about how great my children are....are definitely over. Look out teachers in our district...Emma is on her way!!

No comments: