Monday, August 11, 2008

Emma's 1st Rice Cereal!!!

Unsuspecting Emma.... before the icky cereal..." Mommy! What did you just put in my mouth??!!?" ( this is the first bite reaction)" okay, maybe not soo bad...." "stop it...I don't want anymore!"



This morning Emma had cereal for the first time!! Her pediatrician hasn't given the go-head yet, and I know a lot of doctors are now telling you to wait until they are 6 months old before you start them on any solids, but I started the other two at 4 months, so figured what the hey. She didn't really like it much, but I didn't figure she would her first time. Of course, this was more of a " let's play with a new texture in my mouth " moment than an actual eating one, but I figured that, as well. She couldn't quite figure out how to get it to the back of her mouth and kept pushing it back out, but that's normal. She'll get the hang of it soon. Here are the pictures I was able to take, it was sort of hard taking pictures and feeding her at the same time!! We only got in a few spoonfuls before she got frustrated with it, but we'll try again tonight. Before we know it, she'll be eating cereal like a pro!














No comments: