Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chase's 2nd B-day Party

Well, did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was super! We did a whole lot of nothing, which is pretty normal around the Ridgway house. Saturday evening was spent at Chase's ( for those of you who don't know, Vern's sister, Ericka's, youngest) 2nd b-day party. It turned out pretty well, I think. The kids had a lot of fun, even though Lakin was VERY tired and so whined the majority of the time. Toddler-hood!! That is what these pictures are from. I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day, mine is turning out to be quiet, which is rare and greatly enjoyed! Lakin and Vern have been gone most the day, out to get me something from the kids, and Gavin is usually quiet as long as Lakin's not here for him to pester. Emma still sleeps most the day, so only the noise of (currently, Spongebob) the T.V, is happening here. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Does that mean I'm getting old? I actually look forward to quiet. The rare times that there are no kids, I don't turn on the T.V. or crave public places, I just want to sit and listen to quiet. I L-O-V_E it! I think that I could sit and read a book, with no noise, all day long and be fine by that. Yep, that definitely means I'm getting old.


So anyway..... did everyone get Lakin's b-day invites, yet? If not, yours may be some of the one's that haven't been mailed yet, cause' I ran out of stamps. But for those of you who haven't, it's the 25th ( which is a Sun.) at 2:00. We will have food, so come hungry. As for what to get miss Lakin, that I don't know. I'm sure that she'll love whatever you pick out. Whatever you think a 3 year old girl might like! She doesn't need babies or clothes, but if you do get clothes, she's in a 4T. PLEASE, no babies!! She likes anything that relates to art..paint, clay, crayons, markers, etc.. She also like dress up and music! She LOVES to sing and dance, so music related things are a plus. But any toys are good, that's what she wants. Outside toys are a plus, also. She like movies, any Nickelodeon cartoon is usually okay, but be careful with Dora, because we have most of them. She also like Strawberry Shortcake, some Kitty cartoon, mickey mouse, and baby Einsteins. I'm sure you all can figure out something, but there are some ideas. We are getting her a wooden outside playhouse. That is all she will be getting from us, because it was pretty pricey, her memaw and papa are going to help with it. But she will LOVE it! So toys she can unwrap will be much loved by her. Now, after Lakin's, at least until August, only two more b-days!!! I get a break, thank goodness!! ( well, except for all you adults in June and July) Can you believe that Dawson and Payne are almost 8?!! They will be 16 before we know it.


Has anyone had the chance to experience the Wii wheel? I know, I'm a loser... but it's fun!! I got Gavin one on Friday, and it's turning out to be a big hit. You actually steer to drive on mariocart, it's hard, but fun! You should all try it! Next purchase.. American Idol for the Wii, it includes a microphone! Lakin will love it! ( secretly, I just use the kids as an excuse to buy this stuff!)


Brooke and Kizzy Megan & Chase trying to blow out the candle Chase riding his lawnmower Chase and his new bike!
Brooke, not very happy at being taken from her mommy, and Harry Chase, enjoying his cake...Yum!!! Chase, checking out his balloon Vroom, Vroom!!! Gavin, playing football
He pushed around this tractor almost the entire party! Harry, Chase, and Emma Gavin...ummm, walking?
Gavin & Lakin, waiting to slide Megan Michael
Lakin...aren't we cute????

No comments: